What user or customer information do we collect?
- Your contact details such as email address, Minda iConnect account password, phone number and shipping and billing address.
- Your transaction or banking details such as credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date and CVV or other information as required for internet banking or other payment instruments is not held by us.
- Your session log information on our site which includes your navigation within the site, source of traffic, IP address (from which we can approximately determine user location), browser type, browser language, operating system, date and time of request etc.
- Third party sign in information shared on our website such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other sign in information
- Email communication by any user or customer related to product enquiry, order and transaction related information, disputes or complaints etc.
How do we utilize user or customer information?
We only collect user or customer information as required to conduct our business and to enable us to provide the best services to our users and customers. We do not sell or rent this information to third parties unless agreed to by the user.
User or customer information (as defined above) may be used as described below:
- User and customer information may be shared with our subsidiaries, affiliates and partners which are also involved in delivering the service to you as a customer or in your buying process. We will also need to share some or all of your information as governed in the case of acquisitions by or mergers with other business entities.
- We may use some of the user and customer information defined above to understand customer behaviour and thus offer better and more relevant experiences to you. We use certain information in an aggregated form across users to compile statistical and demographical profiles for our business and marketing activities.
- We may use your information to inform you about offers and deals, new launches, information about products you have purchased, order and shipping status, as well as other promotional and informational content. We will provide you the option to opt-out of such services.
- Cookies shall be used to provide a customized experience to our users such as identifying recently viewed items (of interest to the user) as well as implementing wish list and cart features.
- We may use session log and traffic flow information to understand how users are interacting with our site and to make improvements. This will also be used by us to understand and analyze customer preferences, buying patterns and behaviour at an aggregate level.
- We may use IP address, traffic sources, user navigation across the site, browser and OS information etc. to measure overall site performance in terms of number of users, user engagement, time spent by users on the site etc.
- We may need to use information in case required in aspects such as legal disputes or other legal processes; comply with any statutory or regulatory requirement; troubleshoot problems; detect and protect against error, fraud and other criminal or illegal activity; collect fees owed; enforce our terms and conditions; prevent abuse of our services; prevent violation of the rights of third parties, other users or the general public
Minda iConnect Pvt. Ltd. provides all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general, after setting up an account.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, decree or court order) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the India where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, we may provide information to third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse on and off of our Services. Information we receive about you, including financial transaction data related to purchases made with US, may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.